Guide to do manicure at home
Nail care involves maintaining the health and appearance of your nails. This includes:
- Keeping nails clean and dry
- Trimming nails regularly with sharp, clean clippers
- Filing nails to smooth rough edges
- Moisturizing cuticles to prevent dryness and cracking
- Avoiding biting nails
- Wearing gloves when doing household chores or outdoor activities
- Eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals
- It is also important to take care of any nail problems such as fungal infections, ingrown nails, or discoloration, by seeking medical advice.
Here is a simple guide for doing a manicure at home:
- Gather tools: You’ll need a nail file, nail clippers, cuticle pusher, cuticle oil, base coat, nail polish, top coat, and a bowl of warm soapy water.
- Prep nails: Remove any old polish and clip and file your nails to the desired shape. Soak your hands in warm, soapy water for 5–10 minutes to soften cuticles.
- Push cuticles: Use the cuticle pusher to gently push back cuticles, then apply cuticle oil.
- Apply base coat: Apply a base coat to protect your nails and help the polish adhere better.
- Paint nails: Paint nails with your desired color in thin, even coats. Allow each coat to dry completely before applying the next.
- Apply top coat: Apply a top coat for added shine and to prevent chipping.
- Clean up: Use a small brush dipped in acetone or polish remover to clean up any smudges or mistakes around the cuticles.
Enjoy your perfectly polished nails!